Monday, May 22, 2006

Had a great week last week. A little late in posting this, but on Thursday, I got to see Sheng Hui again for the first time in a really long time! Yay! Its quite the chance encounter, really. Was walking to school on Tuesday when Amie caught up to me (she was looking really down, and as usual, I didn't know quite what to do in situations like that, so I behaved normally and tried to give forth a positive attitude. As to why she's down, only those who have the right to know would know.) She told me that she would be meeting up with SH on Thursday to collect money from him (oooo, a loan shark). Of course, I jumped at the chance.

However, as things turned out, fate has other plans for me. My chemistry teacher jumped into my class and told us that we would be having remedial lessons on Thursday. And quite out of the blue too. Thought that I would miss the chance, but as it appears, Lady Fate is quite the devious one. She plans wheels within wheels within wheels, and has all of us running round Her little finger like rats after a chunk of cheese. It appears that Amie and SH has changed their plans to meet up at the Expo (which is not very far at all from TPJC), instead of City Hall (which is very far indeed...for me anyway). So as soon as my lesson ended, I hopped on bus 12 managed to get there in time to pick up SH. Had a good time catching up with him and Amie, talking about past times (helped in part by SH's not-very small collection of past letters and stuff). Met Amie's friend there too, can't remember her name now for the sake of me. But that's just me, I can't remember names and faces very well. They just go right pass me. After all, everyone looks alike - two eyes, one nose, one mouth, and so on and so on. You know what I mean.

A few days after that, managed to have a fruitful QT session with Amie, JL, and WC. Actually, I was quite surprised that Amie showed up. Wasn't expecting her to. Anyway, after the boring College Day we had (made not so boring by the amazing performances of the Fusion band led by Chang Yu and the dance performance at the end {Ardi sure can dance well}. Without these two events, the crowd would probably have died from boredom. Now that is something that I would like to see. Headlines: TPJC students found dead in their seats during presentation. Police have ruled out foul play, and are pending investigations.), went over to EEFC for Foundation. Wanted to come home to study after that, but WC and JS tried to stop me, with annoying lines like "Oh, which is more important, your As or God?" and "How far can your As take you?"

Look, its our final year alright? If we don't start working hard now, we would get good results, and where would we be then? I do not wish to come out from JC with grades like C,C,E. That would get me nowhere, and I would have wasted 2 years of my life for a mindless pursuit for a piece of paper that is worth next to nothing. Where's the sense in that? If you want to do well, you've got to start work. Like, now? Hello? I don't see how you can get good grades if you spend every waking hour at church (unless you plan to quit school and join a Bible school like Ai Zhu, but that's another story altogether). You win some, you lose some. For now, getting my As is the main goal at this point in my life. And you aren't going to stop me from getting them. Nothing will stand in my way. Haha.

Well, I don't have a topic to talk about today. Will be posting one tomorrow. I will be talking about globalization and stuff then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home