Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well, July the 14th has come and gone, and suddenly I’m one year older. Not that I wish to be reminded of it. So much time has passed. Why, I still remember all the good old days, as if it was only yesterday. So much time, so much time…

First, I would like to thank those people who has supported me in my 18 years, and have made me to who I am today.

To my oldest and best friend, Chao Liang:

It has been a good 11 years, dude. Yes, I read your post, and it made me recall a whole load of memories. Lol Yes, I got that astronomy badge, but I can’t remember where it is for the sake of me. The three of us, you, Eric, and me – we were always together back in the old days. Lol Yes, we made our own newspaper. I can remember us running around the school looking for things to put in it. It was so much fun. And our own encyclopedia – we did so much research for that thing. All of it on A4 paper, handwritten and drawn. I remember I did the drawings. Lol
Ah, and we made our own comic too…Its on one of our favorite games back then – Worms 2. Too bad production stopped after the 2nd issue.

Lol So, 50 years down the road, I will be awaiting you with a copy of Slam Dunk. No one else is playing it anyway, and even if they do, they won’t be much of a challenge for us. I will be waiting for you then. Its like you said, I won’t find a worthier opponent other than you.

To my other best friend, Sheng Hui:

Well, well, we did get off to a rocky start, didn’t we? And look at us now, the best of chums. How things can change. I won’t know how I could have gotten through sec school without you, man. Your sense of honor, your responsible nature, your determination to do the right thing even in the face of opposition – they all impressed on me greatly. You are a good man, Sheng Hui, and may you never change. Its my privilege to have a friend like you.

To people big and small:

I would also like to thank my sister, Amie. Being around you is fun! You always have a good word to say whenever we are feeling down, and you always do the right thing to bring us back to our feet. Thank you for everything.

To Jun Liang: First got to know you through IT club. What fun days we had back then. Playing LF2 on the computer while looking over our shoulders to make sure that Mr. Lim doesn’t catch us in the act. Yeah, that was fun, dude. Glad to have a friend like you.

To Wei Chan: Book-smart, eloquent, “nerdy” and downright annoying. A man after my own heart, if I can say so myself. Haha. Glad to know you, man.

To Jing Zhi: The first friend I made at GM. Saw you sitting lonely at the back row, so I popped behind and said hi. And now, 6 years has passed. Ah, how the time flies.

To Jing Jing: Though I’ve known you for only a short 1 and half years, you have been a good friend to me. It was great fun hanging out with you.

Thank you everyone. The Alvin Chua of today won’t be here now if it won’t for all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home